Hi, I’m Vitaliy Maksimov. Welcome to my site! I’ve neglected it for many years, justifying it by lack of time and the fact that no one cares about who I am, what I do, and what I think. However, I know that there is no such thing as “lack of time” (we all get 24 hours/day, it’s all about priorities), I enjoy browsing other people’s blogs and sites. I hope you will find the time you spend here worthwhile, and if not — well.. sorry. 🙂
Who are you? What do you do?
I am many things, which is probably why I haven’t achieved excellence in any one thing. 🙂
- Enterpreneur/small business owner. I am a “Managing
Member” of a company I founded with a friend during my sophomore year in college. In this role, I help manage the day-to-day operations of the company, participate in making strategic plans, make business deals, coach and help my coworkers. From time to time I also do graphic design work, and create website content. This experience helped shape my views on the economy and the role of government.
- Computer Engineer. I’ve been fascinated with electricity from a young age, hooking lamps and motors to a 4.5V battery as a six-year-old. I then progressed to electronics, and finally when I got my first computer at fifteen, to writing programs. I chose to enroll in the Computer Engineering Technology program at DeVry University because I equally enjoy working on hardware and software. I can write programs in C, Delphi, and C for the Microchip PICs.
- Christian. I was brought up an atheist, but accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior, and was saved by God’s grace. My opinions on moral issues are strongly influenced by my faith.
- Husband. We were classmates, but only got to know each other and fell in love months after graduation. Children of our age, we carried on a long distance relationship via email. The best piece of wisdom I can share with anyone, is one that I think helped to carry us through the years: love is a decision, not a feeling.
- Parent. I’ve got a girl (b. 2002) and two boys (2008 and 2010).
- Pilot. I’m a student pilot, as of this writing I got my Class 3 medical certificate and about 16 flying hours, but have yet to do my solo (still working on the landings).
- Immigrant/first generation American. Ethnically I am Russian, my family emigrated to the US from Kazakhstan when I was 14.
What are your hobbies?
I like to read, ride my bike, and spend time with my family.
You can find me on:
- Blogger (rarely updated)
(most of the time)
- Fotki (neglected)
- Linkedin (mostly used for business contacts)
- Twitter (I don’t tweet much)
- ????????? (to keep in touch with my Russian speaking friends and family)
I also frequent these forums:
- MP3Car’s “EngineManagement, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.” forum.
- PICList. Nabble has it in a nice searchable archive.
- ScanTool.net forum.